My name is Rick Benfield – I am the founder of thirdbridge, the social enterprise that set out to help companies be a force for good. It is with deep regret and sadness that, after 6.5 years, thirdbridge is no longer financially viable and I have taken the decision to close the company. Access to the online platform will be turned off on the 14th November 2019.
Over the last 6 years we managed to punch above our weight for a long time and worked with some amazing clients, including; BNP Paribas, Provident Financial Group, The Crown Estate, Diageo, Thomas Miller, CEB Global, Metapraxis, and Octink. We have also helped hundreds of charities and social enterprises find support, and got thousands of people out volunteering.
Indeed, we achieved a number of positive changes through the work at thirdbridge, here are some highlights:
- Helped Clic Sargent to re-structure its approach and way of working with corporates, leading to new corporate partnerships and increased impact of volunteers
- Helped The Crown Estate to win the Global Good Company of the Year award in 2018 for its stewardship projects
- Helped Thomas Miller to launch their CSR programme which has seen hundreds of their staff volunteering for the first time
- Helped BNP Paribas to launch their CSR programme which has seen thousands of their staff volunteering for the first time, and all sorts of sustainability initiatives at the company, including divestment from Tobacco companies
- Helped Metapraxis launch their CSR programme which as seen over 50% of their staff volunteering for the first time
- Helped Provident Financial Group to develop a more strategic approach to CSR, supporting education and financial literacy projects for the long term
- Connected with over 500 charities, 70 companies and thousands of volunteers
Finally, I would like to say a huge thank you for all those that believed in me and the dream I had for thirdbridge. You supported me, and helped me in this journey, and for that I will be eternally grateful. I do still believe that harnessing business for good is the key to solving/preventing so many of the social and environmental issues that the world faces, and I will personally continue to work in this space.
Still looking for help?
If you are a charity still looking for support or company trying to be good, please do check out:
- ‘Index for Good’ – a directory of all the ways that charities can get support from companies for free, including; volunteers, expertise, in kind donations and training.
- KindLink – a similar platform to thirdbridge providing a marketplace for charities and companies to connect, wider CRM functionality for charities and CSR software for companies.